Picking a hosting to manage a website is an extremely important mission for any webmaster. The website stability, its fast loading, and smooth operation are only possible in the case of a good hosting. Most start-ups use free hosts; however, it is not the best solution since they can face situations when the capabilities and features of such hosting service are decreasing, while the website develops and needs proper support. At these moments, the question of choosing a hosting service that meets both quality and price requirements is becoming extremely acute.
Principles of Picking a Hosting for Node.JS, Django Site
A clear understanding of what your site needs to provide normal functioning (disk space, database/ PHP support, MySQL, etc.) will help you find a solution that suits you requirements. Make sure that the hosting service provides around-the-clock customer support and is responsive in terms of addressing technical issues.
Apart from the abovementioned basic criteria, your choice should depend on some other factors:
- Constant availability of network nodes (uptime) of the hosting;
- Providing physical and information security of data;
- Providing sufficient and necessary resources on the server for the stable website functioning (in case of using the virtual hosting);
- Support all the necessary technologies on the servers of the provider for your site;
- Positive reputation of the host and sufficient experience of the company in this area.
- Volume of disk space. Determine the amount of disk space required to store your site in advance (if necessary, it will always be available to purchase).
- Tools and features. Pay attention what technology, programming language and CMS are supported by the provider. You will also need a control panel, FTP access function, protection against hacker attacks, etc.
- Prices and service. Do not go for cheap rates. First of all, pay attention to the reputation of the hosting, the availability of technical support, offered to customers bonuses.
All of these factors help you choose a reliable and quality hosting provider for your website.
What to Check When Choosing a Hosting?
When looking for a hosting service, read independent, authoritative forums which are discussing the quality of services provided by hosting providers. There are reviews of both afflicted clients and happy webmasters. As a rule, on such forums, you can find out how a certain hosting service answers customer questions, what level of technical support is provided, if there are any difficulties with payment or transfer. A good hosting is determined by these characteristics. You should immediately exclude cheap/ free hosts that offer an unlimited number of connected domains and incredibly large amount of disk space. These are likely to provide low-quality services.